RDX kicked off its first 2018 RDX Insights webinar with Migrating On-Premises Databases to Cloud Systems.
During the webinar, RDX VP of Delivery Strategies and Technologies, Chris Foot, took a deeper look at the entire cloud conversion life-cycle including building high-level cloud strategies and architectures, database migrations and what to watch out for once you’re in the cloud. He also provided insight into:
- Choosing the most appropriate cloud architecture, platform and service provider
- Selecting databases for migration
- Evaluating the different migration options available for IaaS, Amazon, Microsoft and Oracle DBaaS environments
- Creating and executing your step-by-step cloud migration checklist
- After migration: the impact migrating to a cloud DBMS will have on IT support
If you missed last week’s presentation you can download the SlideShare presentation here or catch the recording on YouTube below: